An easy, awesome snack for kids or adults alike!! Very quick and easy to make. If there’s one snack I love under any circumstances, it’s a crispy, steaming-hot slice of pizza!
Growing up, my friends and I used to devour pies at our local parlor.
Of course, now that my teenaged metabolism is a thing of the past, I try not to indulge in pizza too often.
And when I do decide to splurge, I usually try to make my favorite snack foods at home, and put a healthy twist on them, like these puffed quinoa treats that are just a little bit healthier than the standard packaged version.
If you’re just craving pizza, an easy way to trim a few calories from the recipe is to switch out a handful of the ingredients, and downsize a large-scale slice into a bite-sized treat.
This trifecta of tastiness is as easy as wrapping up a cheese stick with some pepperoni in an egg roll and deep-frying it. You could bake these stuffed Pizza Sticks too, but why would you want to do that? Better to heat up a vat of oil. If that seems like a lot of work, trust me: It’s worth it.
Use low-fat mozzarella string cheese, pepperoni, and egg roll wrappers for a crispy fried treat you can make at home, and eat on the go — just like a slice but smaller!
These pizza sticks make a great appetizer to serve to guests or to prepare for a party. This recipe consists of mozzarella cheese sticks and sliced pepperoni wrapped in egg roll wrappers. The prepared pizza sticks are then cooked in a deep-fryer until golden brown. These can be prepared in advance and then frozen and cooked at a later time. You can also increase the ingredients if you want to prepare large batches. These go great dipped in pizza sauce and you can use whatever your favorite brand of pizza sauce is or even make your own.
These pizza sticks are great to serve for the NFL playoffs and the Super Bowl. Enjoy.
Fried Pizza Sticks : Comfort Food Full Of Flavor!
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 12 pieces string cheese
- 36 slices pepperoni
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Oil for frying
- Lay an egg roll wrapper out flat, then lay three pieces of pepperoni down the center on the diagonal.
- Lay a mozzarella stick on top of the pepperoni.
- Now, fold the corners of the egg wrapper down over the cheese.
- Next, fold one of the two larger corners down over the cheese and start rolling until you run out of wrapper.
- Use a little bit of water to "glue" the edges shut. Repeat these steps for all 12 mozzarella sticks.
- Next, heat up oil in a deep frying pan, then transfer wrapped mozzarella sticks.
- Fry wrapped cheese for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve hot, with marinara sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
And if this has you craving melty cheese loaded with marinara sauce, make sure you check out the video below for detailed instructions. Don’t forget to SHARE this yummy concoction with friends and family!