These Sweet and Spicy Noodles are a Thai inspired fast, easy weeknight dinner that can be ready and on the table in just 20 minutes!It’s the best quick noodle bowl.
How about a dinner that is super easy, super quick AND will leave you wanting to lick the pan clean? You’ve got to try these Sweet & Spicy Asian Noodles! I love any dinner that incorporates veggies and still has the kids gobbling it up! This is so versatile, you can just add so many different veggies that you either A. know your family will love or B. that you want to get them to eat so you add them to this super amazing sauce.
I’m not usually much into noodles, but I really loved this meal. I think the sauce won me over plus I packed it full of zucchini which I happen to love.
I also love things like this that have the competing flavors that offset each other so well. If this was just spicy or just sweet there’s not way it would work (isn’t there a commercial about that?). Anyway, I just love the pineapple juice/Sriracha combo. I’m going to be putting this idea to work on some other dishes as well.
The longest part of this recipe is waiting for the water to boil to cook the noodles. Then it’s just heating some oil in a pan, tossing in your sauce to give the garlic a quick cook, and then adding your cooked noodles and then the cilantro, peanuts, green onions, and carrots. You could also add a protein like chicken or shrimp!
I usually gauge how good a meal is by how long the leftovers last. When my husband said they don’t last past breakfast the next day, I knew they were really freakin’ good. These are right up there with our 15 minute Garlic Fried Noodles and now that I know my family has a deep love for Sriracha like her parents, we’ll definitely be making these noodles on the regular. I’m sure it’ll be on my list this week as I get back home and back into the regular routine!
Sweet and Spicy Noodles
- 16 oz linguine rice noodles or regular pasta
- 3 tablespoons hoisin
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 cups shredded carrots approximately 2 large
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts
- Sriracha to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook noodles until al dente, approximately 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep your veggies / garnishes. In a small bowl mix soy sauce, hoisin, honey, chili garlic paste, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- A couple of minutes before the noodles are done, in a large saute pan, heat sesame oil over medium heat and add sauce and stir, cooking garlic.
- When noodles are done, drain and add immediately to pan with sauce and stir until the noodles are well coated.
- Top with carrots, peanuts, cilantro, green onion, and Sriracha. Mix and serve!