My rainbow fruit salad is a cool and refreshing dessert to indulge in, and a sweet and juicy side to serve with any meal. It’s an incredibly refreshing, must have side dish that’s made with beautiful blend of delicious fruits and a simple dressing to compliment it. This is always sure to be a crowd favorite!
Rainbow Fruit Salad, Nature’s Beautiful Dessert
Gorgeous and juicy fresh fruit with all of its amazing colors, various textures, and distinctly nuanced flavors, is available to us in sweet abundance during these warmer seasons.
Fruit possesses an aroma that intoxicates and beckons from whatever little bowl it sits in, or whatever chilled drawer in the fridge it’s housed in, perfectly satisfying that craving for something sweet-yet-healthy like nothing else quite can.
Preparing a cool and delicious rainbow fruit salad tossed with a sweet, citrus dressing is one of my favorite things to do during the sunnier months.
This simple, fruity side dish brings more color to any meal, and packs a natural source of sweet energy that refreshes with each bite. It’s truly nature’s beautiful dessert!
How to Make Rainbow Fruit Salad with Citrus-Honey Dressing
I call my fruit salad recipe a “rainbow” fruit salad because I love to fill it with all sorts of fruit. I use fresh pineapple, peach, mango, nectarine, strawberries and nectarines—this makes for a super colorful and tangy mix!
As if the delicious fruit wasn’t enough, I like to make my fruit salad just a little extra special and flavorful by preparing a refreshing citrus-honey dressing to toss the freshly-cut fruit with.
To make this sweet and flavorful fruit salad dressing, I combine tangy, aromatic citrus juice with a kiss of honey and a whisper of citrus zest. It’s really that simple, yet it takes this fruity side over the top and makes it completely irresistible!
Rainbow Fruit Salad
Rainbow Fruit Salad Ingredients:
- 1 mango peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 small fresh pineapple or 1/2 large one, cored and cut into small wedges/pieces
- 1/2 pound strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1 peach sliced and cut into smaller pieces
- 1 medium-size package about 11 ounces fresh blueberries
- 1 nectarine sliced and cut into smaller pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped or julienned fresh mint leaves
Citrus-Honey Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Add all the cut fruit to a large bowl, and if not cold already, chill for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare the citrus-honey dressing by adding all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisking them together until well-combined; use immediately, or keep covered and refrigerated until ready to use. (Best used as soon as possible after being prepared for best flavor.)
- To assemble the fruit salad, pour the dressing over the fruit, and sprinkle in the julienned/chopped mint; toss everything together, and serve immediately. (If making slightly ahead, you can just keep the cut fruit in a bowl in the fridge, and when ready to serve, toss with the citrus-honey dressing and the mint, and serve.)