This is a simple, foolproof, and tasty Sweet Crepes recipe. Making Crepes is faster, simpler and way easier than you think!
Crepes are a versatile and fancy breakfast, brunch, dinner or dessert but couldn’t be easier. With this tried and true crepe recipe, you can make crepes at home with simple pantry ingredients in just a few minutes with no special cooking equipment required. Enjoy savory or sweet; crepes are the ultimate customizable meal.
I make these Sweet Crepes for breakfast every Sunday. They are so easy to make (Yes, EASY!) and so versatile. My husband loves these stuffed with Nutella, strawberries, and banana, and my toddler and I enjoy them as is.
WHAT FILLINGS CAN YOU PUT IN SWEET CREPES?
Nutella + banana + your favorite berries
Your favorite jam/jelly
Cream cheese + your favorite jam + fruits
Strawberry cream cheese
HOW TO MAKE SWEET CREPES
1. Mix well (or blend) all the ingredients together, excluding the butter.
2. Heat a lightly-buttered frying pan over medium-high heat.
3. Pour the batter onto the pan, using about 1/4 of a cup for each scoop.
4. Tilt the pan and rotate it with a circular motion to help the batter spread evenly.
5. Cook for about 1 minute per side on medium heat. Repeat until the batter is finished.
NOTE: While cooking crepes, you don’t have to grease the pan with butter for every single one. Grease it once just before cooking the first crepe and this should be enough. Use just a little bit of butter to prevent sticking. You may also choose to substitute butter with coconut oil.
SWEET CREPE TIPS:
Use a non-stick skillet to fry the pancakes! If your non-stick skillet has a lot of scratches, you might have trouble flipping the crepes.
Don’t be afraid to use your hands to help flip the pancakes, if necessary. The best indicator that a crepe needs to be flipped is when the batter looks completely set, and no liquid remains.
Basic Sweet Crepes recipe
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2 cups milk non-fat reduced fat or whole milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 tsp salt
- butter for greasing the pan
- Mix well (or blend) all the ingredients together, excluding the butter.
- Heat a lightly-buttered frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Pour the batter onto the pan, using about 1/4 of a cup for each scoop.
- Tilt the pan and rotate it with a circular motion to help the batter spread evenly.
- Cook for about 1 minute per side on medium heat. Repeat until the batter is finished.