This Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken and Vegetables is a complete one pan meal that is super quick and simple. Perfect recipe for your Sunday meal prep too!
You’re going to love this all-in-one meal that cooks in a single pan. It’s not only tender and flavorful but clean-up is effortless. Sheet pan Sesame Chicken and Veggies is a wonderful way to serve your family a wholesome dinner in under an hour.
I know that most of you can relate, especially those that have kids, so having the convenience of throwing a complete dinner all on one pan definitely makes life much more bearable. Easy clean up, delicious flavor and so many leftovers that you won’t even need to worry about what to eat for lunch the next day!
You can easily prep this the day before too by chopping up all your veggies and marinating the chicken, but if this is a last minute recipe you decided to throw together in a pinch then that’s okay too. Prep time takes just a few minutes and the sauce only requires 5 simple ingredients so it really is that easy! Then just toss everything together on the pan and you are good to go.
For this recipe I basically just tossed the chicken and veggies together on a baking sheet, seasoned with salt and pepper then drizzled everything with the sauce. THAT’S IT! Now if you like your veggies crunchier, I would cook the chicken first halfway through then add your veggies to the pan so that they won’t cook as long, but that’s completely up to you. Either way this dish will taste delicious!
You could also easily turn this recipe into a stir fry if you wanted! Rather than cooking everything in the oven, simply toss the chicken and veggies into a skillet, drizzle with the sauce and cook this meal that way. Like I said before, this recipe is simple, delicious and created for convenience for those busy weeknights so feel free to cook this how YOU prefer!
You can customize this dinner however you’d like to too! Try using green beans or asparagus in place of the broccoli or throw in some chopped onions or even sweet potatoes. Trust me this sauce tastes great on EVERYTHING so go crazy and make this to your liking! Serve this over brown rice or some quinoa for a complete meal that is delicious and much healthier than ordering take-out in the middle of the week.
Oh and this sauce?? Yes it is to DIE for. A simple combination of soy sauce, honey, garlic, fresh ginger and a drizzle of sweet chili sauce make this meal super flavorful and only uses 5 ingredients! I topped everything off with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and some chopped green onions and then proceeded to devour my plate. Literally.
Simple Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken and Veggies
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium red bell peppers cut into chunks
- 1 large head of broccoli chopped (about 2 cups)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup snap peas
- Optional toppings: sesame seeds and green onions
For the sauce:
- 1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make the sauce: In a small saucepan, heat soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, honey, garlic and ginger on medium heat and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and allow sauce to simmer, whisking occasionally, until sauce is thick and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Spread chicken and chopped veggies on a baking sheet sprayed with PAM cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle half the sauce over the chicken and veggies (reserving the other half for later) and toss to combine. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, tossing halfway through, and continue cooking until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve over brown rice or quinoa and enjoy!