This Keto Garlic Butter Shrimp served with a side of sautéed asparagus, makes a fabulous appetizer, light lunch, or low carb dinner, you choose is ready in less than 20 minutes and has just 5 simple ingredients!!!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- asparagus tips (or cut the thick ends off of regular asparagus)
- olive oil
- That’s it, well plus a little salt and pepper. Maybe even some red chili flakes if you like a bit of spice.
It’s just as perfect for busy weeknights as it is for a romantic date night. This recipe has really become a staple menu item for Lauren and me lately, we’ve had it at least twice this week already… don’t judge.
When I began work on this recipe, It was supposed to be shrimp scampi over miracle/konjac noodles. Instead, I opted to add asparagus instead and bump up the nutritional value of this meal. After a little research on shrimp scampi (I’m about to nerd out a little bit), I found out that shrimp scampi is somewhat of a misnomer. Scampi actually refers to an entirely different species of sea creature, and although it’s appearance is similar to that of shrimp it is actually a lobster, a Norway Lobster to be exact.
Anyway, this recipe really is a delicious and equally nutritious dinner option plus you can have leftovers for lunch the next day. These are leftover you’ll actually be excited to finish off. Unlike that one recipe you made 3 weeks ago, you know the one. The one that keeps getting pushed back further and further in the abyss of the fridge.
I’ve added four cloves of garlic, which is a pretty generous amount (this is garlic butter shrimp after all!) but if you want to decrease it a little that’s fine too.
I think this is best served hot from the skillet. While you can reheat it, it’s easy to overcook it so just be aware of that.
Keto Garlic Butter Shrimp with Asparagus
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces asparagus tips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- Red pepper flakes for garnish optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter and the olive oil in a 10.5″ or larger cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Once hot add in the garlic and asparagus, cook about 3 minutes.
- Move the asparagus to the side and add in the shrimp, cook 1-2 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Add the lemon juice to the skillet and cook another minute or so until most has evaporated.
- Season to taste and serve