Skip the separate chips and dip and whip up this handheld recipe for hot and fresh Baked Spinach Artichoke Wonton Cups. This crispy, cheesy appetizer is sure to vanish at your next party or potluck and the individual cups make perfect hand-held snacks!
I suppose that’s what’s so addicting about this handheld appetizer. It’s a hot, creamy spinach-artichoke dip that needs no dipping. It needs no chip…ping. It needs nothing more than a hand to lift it from plate to mouth. And as my husband and I both proved, this is not a hard task.
I’ve actually managed to find a way to take the “work” out of chips and dips. Because these baked wonton cups provide all the required crunch of a chip, while at the same time serving as an edible envelope for a classic hot and creamy dip. It’s a twofer!
As a fun bonus, you could 100% use leftover spinach dip to make these tasty appetizer cups! Hellooooo leftover remix!
So if efficiency is your name and creamy-crispy snacks are your game, then allow me to introduce you to your new appetizer all-star that packs a whole lot-o-flavor into every bite. Baked Spinach Artichoke Wonton Cups: The laziest snack for the smartest snacker!
Baked Spinach Artichoke Wonton Cups
- 9 oz creamed spinach frozen or freshly made
- 24 chilled wonton wrappers
- 2 oz softened cream cheese cut into 6-8 cubes
- 3-6 oz marinated artichoke hearts* approx. 1/4-1/2 cup chopped
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- spray oil avocado, olive, etc…
- 1/8 tsp salt or to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 365 degrees F.
- Next grab your creamed spinach and warm using package instructions. Drain your artichokes and chop into small pieces. Combine with spinach.
- Gently place won-ton squares in a mini-muffin tray spritzed with spray oil. For extra crunch you can also lightly spray the won-ton wrappers themselves with a little oil.
- Bake for 5 minutes to lightly crisp.
- Combine creamed spinach with your trio of cheeses and season with garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon spinach mixture into lightly baked won-ton cups and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges of your won-ton cups are toasty and golden brown with a hot, melty spinach dip center.
- Dive in while they’re hot!