Made with oregano, veggie broth, garlic, and lemon juice, these Roasted Fingerling Potatoes are bursting with flavor! They are the perfect side dish!
These Easy Roasted Fingerling Potatoes are tossed with olive oil and seasonings and roasted until golden and crispy. Roasted Potatoes are a delicious side dish for so many main entrees including beef, pork, and chicken. Ready in under 30 minutes, you’ll find yourself making these over and over again.
I don’t know about you but I am always looking for super simple side dishes that are versatile and can be served alongside a variety of different main dishes.
Meet Easy Roasted Fingerling Potatoes – a super simple side dish that lends itself well to so many entree options. You’ve seen these cute little fingerling potatoes in the grocery store, haven’t you? For the longest time I’d look at them, wanting to put them in my cart, but I didn’t have any particular recipe in mind to use them for.
One of my favorite ways to prepare any kind of potato is to roast them, so it seemed like an obvious choice to roast these fingerling potatoes.
The recipe for these Roasted Fingerling Potatoes is simple — slice them in half length-wise, toss them with olive oil and a few seasonings and roast until tender, about 25 minutes. You can change up the seasonings however you’d like — I love using salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoky paprika. Feel free to use whatever you have on hand and keep it as simple or as complex as you’d like. They’d also be very delicious seasoned simply with salt and pepper. Make sure to flip the potatoes halfway through roasting so that they cook evenly.
Easy Roasted Fingerling Potatoes work so well with beef, chicken, pork, and just about any other main dish you can think of. Miles, my 3 year old, loves kielbasa sausage, so I made these potatoes to serve alongside sausage and another of his favorites, corn on the cob. It was a super simple dinner that was ready in about 30 minutes with very little hands-on work. Serve with ketchup and enjoy!
Tips for cooking with fingerling potatoes
- Do not peel! Fingerling potatoes have thin skins that are easy to eat.
- Potatoes cook faster when cutting in half, and have more surface area for a crunchy texture.
- Add in seasonings like salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, paprika, or cumin for flavor.
- Use fresh herbs like thyme and rosemary to infuse delicate aromas into the potatoes while cooking.
Easy Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- 1.5 pounds pounds fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika regular paprika is fine too
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash fingerling potatoes.
- Cut potatoes in half length-wise.
- Toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until tender, making sure to flip the potatoes halfway through baking.