An easy and delicious recipe for Broccoli and Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes!Next time you’re craving comfort food, try these Broccoli Cheese Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes. They’re loaded up with shredded cheese and broccoli!Such a delicious and simple side-dish!
Broccoli Cheddar Twice Baked Potato Recipe
You can try to resist the temptation of comfort food this time of year… or, you can be like me, and just lean on into it. I vote lean. These broccoli and cheddar twice-baked potatoes are just waiting for your embrace. Aside from making you drool, these babies are sure to satisfy any cheesy/carby/cozy food cravings.
These twice-baked potatoes are:
- And so convenient
Each little potato boat is loaded with silky smooth mashed potatoes, broccoli (for our veggie fix!), and tons of cheesy goodness. These are the best!
What is a Twice-Baked Potato?
Twice-baked potatoes, much like biscotti, require two – almost back to back – baking sessions. Thus, they are “twice-baked”. The first baking session is to soften the potatoes; you’ll need their centers to be soft enough to be easily scooped out.
P.S. This is where things get really delicious. First you mash the scooped out potato with butter…
then you add in Greek yogurt, milk, cheese, broccoli, and spices. ↓ Mmmm!
The second baking session is to warm the newly stuffed potatoes, crisp up their skins, and melt the magical cheese piled on top.
P.S. I kept these vegetarian, but if you feel inclined to get meaty, go ahead and toss some bacon bits on top of these bad boys. I won’t judge.
This recipe makes 8 twice-baked potatoes, which is a TON of potato if you’re a smaller household. That said, if you’re serving a crowd or have a wonderfully large family, this recipe can easily be doubled to suit your needs.
Twice-baked potatoes are totally make-ahead friendly!
An easy and delicious recipe for Broccoli and Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes! These super easy potatoes are loaded with shredded cheese and broccoli! Such a delicious and simple side-dish! I really, really hope you make these! Paired with a light salad, you’ve got yourself a whole meal.
Broccoli and Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes
- 4 medium russet potatoes washed well and dried
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons salted butter very soft
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked broccoli chopped, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place potatoes in a small baking dish and bake for 1 hour, or until soft. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Once the potatoes are cool enough to safely handle, slice each one in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the potato pulp and place it into a large bowl, being careful to leave the skins intact. Rub the outsides of the potato skins with a little olive oil. Place the skins on the prepared baking sheet and set aside.
- Add the butter to the potato pulp and mash - using an electric mixer or a potato masher - until fairly smooth; add Greek yogurt, buttermilk, salt, pepper, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, dried onion flakes, dill weed, paprika, broccoli and 3/4 cup of the cheese. Divide the filling evenly among the potato shells then top with remaining cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are heated through. Serve at once!